Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Don't know how to do life

Pastors widow

• Members
Pastors widow

Hi! This is my first post. Hope it makes sense. My husband of 31 years died unexpectedly 18 months ago. We got married when I was just 18. We grew up together, had kids together, loved and laughed and argued and cried together. He was my life! Now people think that I should not think about my loss. But I don't know how to do this life. How do I just exist, let alone deal with life. I don't know how to do so many things. My husband did so much for me. How do I do all these things I don't know how to do when it takes almost everything just to get up each morning and go to work and live each day? How do I do life?

• Members

Pastor's wife,

I am so very sorry about your loss. You get through a little at a time, but by bit. There are many people here who have experienced similar losses. They can offer you support and encouragement.

I am going to move your post to the "Loss of a Partner" forum (just scroll down the page a little bit until you see the title and then click on it), where you will meet others who have lost their soul mates.

We will be here for you.

ModKonnie

• Members

I lost my husband of 30 years about 1 month ago. I have some of the same feelings, there is so much that I don't know how to do because I never had to do it.  Right now I just get by by living "in the moment."  If I think ahead, even something as trivial as what to cook for supper, I get overwhelmed.  I don't have any advice for you, I just wanted to say I am sorry for your loss.  I hope someone here can offer some help.

• Members

It is tough and I am trying to figure out how to do life too! :( My husband just passed a week and a few days ago so right now I am taking it one day at a time. I plan to get some counseling and surround myself with people as often as I can, but also have some alone time.

Archived