Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Mother and Father 3 years apart... I'm lost...

Minx1976

• Members

My mother had a heart attack as a result of years of drug and alcohol abuse on June 2, 2009. We weren't speaking when she died hadn't in a few weeks. During that last fight with her I informed her that she was going to die cold miserable and all alone :(. She died sometime between 12 midnight and 6 am alone sitting at a patio table in my grandmothers driveway.

On October 4, 2013 I got a call that my father was in the hospital 10 hours away from me with cancer. 33 days later he was gone just 68 days after I stood beside him and he married the woman of his dreams :(.

I am just so lost. It's the only word I have anymore...

• Members

Minx1976, I am so very sorry about the loss of your mom and dad. Do you have any other family to lean on? How about close friends? Often when people lose both parents they feel a sense of being orphaned. There are many here who have shared similar stories to you. Please feel free to jump right into any conversation and share. We will be here for you.

ModKonnie

• Members

Minx I just lost my Mom 6 weeks ago and my dad just over two years ago. I feel very alone in the world even though I have a lot of support around me.

I'm sorry for your loses and just know that there are others who completely understand what you are feeling.

Archived