Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Losing my daughter

dekrast

• Members

So, heres my shortened version of the loss of my baby.  She was in Aspen with friends having a terrifix time.  We had spoken and made plans at least 3 times that day.  I spoke with her at 330pm...went on a walk with a friend...went home...at 720pm the phone rang.  All i heard was screaming.  Total hysteria from her boyfriend.  She had put a gun in her mouth and fired. I died with her.  I live as a empty shell of a human being...How do any of you wrap your head around this.  I feel like I'm in a walking coma all of the time.

• Members

I am so sorry for your loss. I hope you will consider joining us on the Loss of Adult Site.  I can relate to your shock and pain. My own son died at home with us. We found him in his room and tried desperately to save him. Unfortunately it was too late. Please join us and tell us something about your daughter when you are able. Sharing and talking will help. Kate

• Members
Dear dekrast,

I am so sorry to read of the loss of your precious daughter and am so glad that  you reached  out and shared your pain with us.  .I found this site when I lost my only child, Stephen over 7 years ago  and the wonderful supportive people on this site listened endlessly to my grief, supported my every effort to live and held me up when I felt I could not go on any longer.  

Please take very good care of yourself, rest, try to eat and know that grief is a difficult process and be gentle with yourself.

Keep coming back.

• Members

I echo Kate's and Betty's words, come to Loss of Adult Child, many of us there but we will come to know you and your Daughter through your words, you can rest your head on our shoulders for a while as you find your way.

Archived