Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

alone: a state of mind?

obakesan

• Members

I have my friends often tell me that "I'm not alone, because they are there for me".

While I have no doubt of their genuine intentions and efforts too, the problem is that I still feel alone.

When I wake, when I spend most of the hours of the day heck even when doing things around the house. Over a year later and I still simply feel her absence, feel the desire to have done something for her - yet can not.

So despite the words of "you're not alone" ... you know ... I feel that I am.

I expect that others here feel the same way, I don't know if I'll ever stop feeling this way.

Like treacle gradually filling the empty void left by her absence I reckon that there will remain quite a few bubbles that will be forever empty.

• Members

The feeling of being alone is my one constant. I used to think I'd be afraid, but I'm not. The one thing I feared most has already happened. I lost the love of my life, my husband and soulmate. What is left to fear?

• Members

I could be in a room filled with thousands of people who love me, being there for me, and I would still feel alone.  I think it is because Jerry was a part of me.  No different than an arm or leg or heart......When he left, part of me left with him.  No amount of company can replace that.

In my case, I wish I had a support system here with me.  It would help some to distract me from thinking about him and my loss 24/7.  Instead, I'm alone physically.....and alone inside of myself.  Missing vital parts of my own being.  I'm missing part of my spirit and soul.

• Members

frankly, I feel the same, my sister ask me over tonight to eat, even around people I know and love I still feel alone without my wife.

• Members

Tuesday will be 5 months, It still seems like yesterday and forever ago at the same time. The feeling of being alone is still soul crushing at times. I now have to face one of my worst fears, which is living the rest of my life alone. Maybe it will make me stronger, maybe it will destroy me. Right now I feel it could go either way. I am trying desperately to find reasons to go on with volunteer work at our local animal shelter and most recently volunteering to help train service dogs for the local Goodwill. But not having her here to share the experiences with in some ways makes the loneliness worse.   

• Members

It helps me sometimes to remind myself that Tom's spirit is still with me. I know he is still here and will always be here in my heart so that helps.

• Members

I miss having that one person that I could run to, who would totally understand me and know exactly what to do to make me feel better.  I spent 34 yrs with this man, we were absolutely one person.  I know that he was always on my mind and I was his.  I miss his physical presence more than I have ever missed anything in all my years.

Archived