Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Crazy stuff

backyarder1

• Members

This is the kind of crazy thing that I would only mention on this forum and no where else. But I got the idea today that I wanted a lifesize photo of my husband and I found a place that makes them. They make lifesize photos and cut them out in the shape of the person and they come with a stand.

Can you image how crazy everyone in the world would think I was if I got one of those?

• Members

That isn't so crazy actually! I remember thinking I wanted that back when Jim first had his accident. I actually went and got these huge pictures made of him playing drums and also of our picture that was taken the night we did balcony dining on our cruise just 3 weeks before he had his accident. I have the pictures but I cant bare to put them anywhere! My kids don't want pictures of him out and frankly I cant imagine looking at them everyday either. Its just to painful!

I really think if that is something that will make you feel better do it! Do what makes you happy! Who cares what anyone else thinks!

• Members

Speaking of crazy stuff... I want a body pillow that smells like my husband.  Probably wouldn't be healthy in terms of working through the grief through.

• Members

Oh, I would love something that smells like my hubby. I can't seem to find anything. You ought to see my bed, though. I have so many pillows and blankets piled all over it. I can nestle right in there, like a burrowing animal.

• Members

I really had to laugh at this thread!!  Crazy??  Only to someone who hasn't lost a loved one!!  I could kick myself in the ass for not saving voice mails.  I have a few items of his clothing but the smell has faded.  Now a full size body pillow of him would be good!! 

• Members

I'm laughing about it now, too. I know you can print photos onto fabric so I'm surprised no one has come up with a product of a full-size body pillow with someone's face on it!

• Members

I also have about 10 pillows on my bed. I did by a new bed though I couldn't sleep on my other one. All I have to do is have the smell of a semi truck driver and that's the smell of Jim..LOL

• Members

LOL. My hubby had his own unique smell. In fact, he didn't hardly smell at all. I guess that's why its hard to find the smell on any of his clothes.

Archived