Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Space Coast Widows/Widowers Meet-Up

Too Sad

• Members

If interested, please reply to this posting. Thank you.

June Greene ... Melbourne Beach

• Members

Are you starting this up June or did you find it someplace? I looked on meetup just this morning and it didn't list any local groups for widows and widowers.

• Members

I'm in Brevard County and may be interested if a meet-up depending on when and where it is planned...

• Members

I'm starting this up, Betsy. Has nothing to do with the formal MEET-UP that's been online for years. Guess I just did not use the proper term.

My mistake. Sorry. Guess I should just call it Space Coast Grievers? What are your thoughts?

• Members

Well it depends on what you want to do. If you put it on Meetup.com, you will probably attract a very large crowd. Maybe more than you want. Running a large group can take a lot of time and energy. I have several meetup groups and I haven't put any time into either one for months. Plus, the people I have met in Brevard County are pretty spread out, from Barefoot Bay to Rockledge and probably farther. So to be able to accommodate everyone, you would have to find a central location to meet and that may be difficult, too.

I attend several grief support groups and I am getting ready to go to a grief counselor so its hard to say whether I would go to another group or not. Have you tried any of the local grief support groups?

• Members

Exactly why I did not post to Meet-Up. com! Sorry you don't seem to get it. I'm just sincerely interested in those who are grieving and are close enough geographically to get together for support, comfort and understanding. l'm not sending links to my books, my blogs, or anything like that.

I truly want to reach out to and bring together fellow grieving widows and widowers in Brevard County. And yes, I have the space to do that!

• Members

That's great. There might be a big need for that in your end of the county. I looked on my list of grief support groups and don't see hardly anything beachside.

• Members

That's the point, don't you think? We need a grief support group beachside. Do not quite understand your response?

Archived