Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Scattered Dad's Ashes 1 week today

Peteskid

• Members
It's a hard night tonight - 1 week today since we scattered my Dad's ashes... I still can't quite believe he is gone and keep expecting the phone to ring any time now. I miss him so much. 

Dad sent my baby girl (she was just 5 weeks old when he died) a beautiful Xmas present just before he passed and we used it for the first time today. She loved it and while it was absolutely wonderful seeing her play, I was overwhelmed with sadness and kept thinking how he would have loved to see her using it.

I can't stop wishing he was here and that this is all a big mistake and then I remember... we scattered his ashes one week ago today.

My heart just aches all the time. I miss him so very much.

• Members

So sorry for your loss.

It's normal to wait for his call, miss him and ache. It's part of the grieving process. 

Take it one day at a time. Think that your dad saw your baby girl enjoy his present, even though he won't be able to say anything. Think that his memory will live on in your hearts, and that one day, you'll be able to talk to her about him feeling nothing else but warmth and the absolute pride to have had him as your dad.

But for now, it's baby steps. There will be good days and bad days. Just remember that time really does make things better.

Kind regards,

A.

• Members

I do that too with the thinking they will call.  I guess it is normal to feel like that.  I'm sorry for your loss.  Even though I know that doesn't help very much.  But I guess I just want you to know you aren't alone

Archived