Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

I keep imagining his future

indyama

• Members

I feel like in my head I try to live his life, try to imagine the desicions he would have made to any given thing. Would he have liked the newest movie? Would he have entered medical school after all? Was he going to get through with his new resolutions ? I question my answers! B because the last desicion he ever made is one I would have never thought he would do. He was a home kind of boy. Didn't go out at night to parties or things like that, even less on a sunday night. But he did go out to his friends house, 3 boys, a trip to the gas station, driver was speeding, my son who was sitting in th front passenger sit moved to the back, on the way home they hit a boulder and he broke his nedck even though he had the sit belt on and the air bag worked. I just want to make sure he knows I love him but I dont want to hold him back innhis new life. How do I reach a balance?

• Members

Indira...

I so wish I knew...but my balance is all out of whack too.  I will hope and pray that you do find that balance.  I also think of all the things my son would think...do...love... I am trying to make sure that I honor him in what I do...helping his friends...getting his music out...showing kindness like he did all the time. It is a hard journey we are on, but in the end...we must do our best.  Hopefully our lives will continue to have meaning...sometimes I wonder...but we must place one foot in front of the other...just as our children would want us to...peace to you and prayers for healing.

• Members

Yes, I know exactly what you mean, and I will also keep you in my prayers. My friends do not undertand, but I feel happier when I meet or I am able to talk to other boys his age. I like to think he would be like them. My son dreamed of traveling the world, so now I try to go places and bring him souvenirs. Have him see the world through me. Did your son play an instrument, it must be very rewarding to be able to listen to his music. My daughter has friends who promote music maybe with a link she could help.

a day of peace for you

Archived