Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

I miss my Dad

Peteskid

• Members

Hi 

I am new to this forum and not really sure what to say... I just need to believe that I will feel differently/better at some point in the future.

My Dad died 4 days before Christmas and I am in pieces. I didn't have the closest relationship with him - I think because we were too similar, but we had reconnected about 18 months ago and would talk almost every week. Despite any ups and downs I loved my Dad very much and wish that I had told him more often.

I have just had a baby (my first) and Dad was going to come up after Xmas to meet her for the first time and I am utterly devastated that now he never will. She was 5 weeks old when he passed.

I bitterly regret all the times that Dad and I fell out and all the times we could have spent together but didn't, and I don't know how to live with that regret.

He passed away suddenly from a heart attack and had just celebrated his 70th birthday in May. I couldn't go to the celebrations because of complications with my pregnancy, but I keep wishing that I had just gone anyway. The last time we saw each other we had a huge row and I am heartbroken that is my last memory of us together.

My Dad was a really good man, who I will miss more than any description I could write here. I just keep wishing it wasn't happening and I know that it doesn't matter how hard I wish it - I cannot change it.

I am really struggling to find joy in anything, not even my beautiful baby girl and I need to pull it together for her - but just can't seem to get my feet back under me.

Seeing as I cannot tell him - I hope that it is ok for me to tell all of you out there...

I miss you Dad, I am so grateful for all you have done for me, I am sorry for all the times I let you down and I love you with all my heart - and I always will.

• Members

I talk to my dad a lot - there is never enough time so there will always be some regrets but just talking out loud to him helps...and somehow I feel like he's listening. . Just know that he knew he was loved and that every relationship has ups and downs.  Love on that beautiful new life you've brought to the world. Teach your baby about his or her grandfather and remember it's always ok to feel sad and cry, you are never alone.

• Members
AllisonGrace6

I am also new to this forum, and I too lost my dad October 24th, 2013. He was only 54. I'm only 15. I really wish he could meet my husband or walk me down the aisle, or meet my grandkids but sadly he doesn't have the chance too. Me and my dad weren't the closest but we kind of were. I miss and love him so much. And I always will. Thoughts of him come up in my mind often. Gone but never forgotten.

• Members
AllisonGrace6

I am also new to this forum, and I too lost my dad October 24th, 2013. He was only 54. I'm only 15. I really wish he could meet my husband or walk me down the aisle, or meet my grandkids but sadly he doesn't have the chance too. Me and my dad weren't the closest but we kind of were. I miss and love him so much. And I always will. Thoughts of him come up in my mind often. Gone but never forgotten.

• Members

I am deeply sorry for your loss. We all lost someone we love and we're here to help each other. So pls write to us and let ur emotion out.

Don't let it bottled up inside. You should treasure people around u and be strong. Am sure ur dad is looking down from heaven and he will want u to move on with ur life.

I recently lost my dad due to heart failure and we celebrated his birthday one week in advance -per his request. He never make it to his real birthday. Everything happened so suddenly. But there's nothing we can change. Be strong and take care of ur family. Do more family gatherings...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived