Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Missing my other half!

natyj

• Members

I feel like a crazy person..one day I'm good and the next I'm not. I miss my husband so so much! My heart aches! I try to stay busy and hang with friends but nothing takes the void and the emptiness away. I feel the pain for my daughters who now have to be here without their father. This really does suck and there is no end I see in my future. I do have a friend whos is a blessing in disguise to hear me constantly cry and be awful and...he just listens and makes me get things done. BUT ALL THAT AND I JUST WANT THE MAN THAT I WAS SAPPOSE TO GROW OLD WITH..

• Members

I have often said that this grieving process is like a form of insanity. I think we all feel crazy with it. One day we are fine. The next day we can hardly move. I think I am going to start going to a counselor and see if that helps. I think they may know ways to get us back on track.

• Members

I don't think it matters how much time passes we all have those days! Crazy, honey that is just the nice way of describing my emotional roller coaster I am on lately!

• Members

Hi I have just joined and I can relate totally. I'm keeping busy but there is only so much we can do. I walk into a room and then just sit and stare into space.

Just remember people are here for you and ,me I hope cos we all need each other. Talk to friends and cry it's ok

• Members
Seeking something

I went to talk to a counselor today who offered support and really listened to me. He said something that i can't get out of my head because it spoke to me so loud and clear. He said that true love has been described as "psychotic", and so too has grief. When experiencing the deep and intense emotions of both love and grief at times we slip and almost lose touch with reality. For me this was true in my love with my partner and even more so true while grieving his loss. I am not sure if this will be helpful to you, but for me it was a reassurance that I am aloud to feel out of control and in an different world than most people around me. After all thats how I felt with him by myside. In a different world altogether.

• Members
marthashill03

Oh I can so relate to all of this!  My fiance' died just a little over a week ago. Everything is in upheaval. I have to move out of his house and move into a friends house temporarily.... I go downstairs in the morning and expect to see him sitting at his desk  He isn't there .  I work from home and so did he we had many moments together during the day.  This is so unbearable sometimes I just seem lost most of the time.  

Archived