Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

It's been 13 years

KISSLady

• Members

Mom passed away suddenly February 1, 2000.  She was 52, I was 27.  Will I ever feel better?  It's just as fresh to me still as the day it happened.  I just.want the pain to go away.  Will it ever go away?  I'm not able to live my life because the pain is so intense.  I hurt all the time.

• Members

Hi

I am so sorry for your loss.  My mom passed away this past October and a day doesn't go by that I don't have a good cry.  I hear some people say that time will heal the pain and I hope this is true.  When my heart feels really heavy I get my thoughts to things to feel grateful for, like; how blessed I was to have her for my mom ... all of the great things that she taught me ... the years that I did have her in my life.  When I think of these things filled with deep thanks, the sadness lifts and I do get comfort.  I hope this helps.  take care.

Cindy

• Members

Hi KissLady,

I am truly sorry for your loss, and I know what you´ve been through because I recenlty lost my mom, who was 67, to cancer. Since then, not a single day goes by without my breaking into tears or feeling nostalgic and sad about my mom not being here, not physically anyway.

I don´t think that we ever fully overcome these tragedies, I´m convinced that we simply learn to live with them, and that we reach a time when we can reminisce without feeling such pain and sorrow, when we can dream of our moms and wake up happy about that, when we can again believe that we will see them again when our time comes.......

It is normal that you are still missing your mom very deeply, but you have survived, which I am sure makes her very proud.

Please use this forum to vent and connect with others in your situation, and try to find grief support groups around your area if you need to, and speak to friends and family about your feelings (don´t bottle them up, you need to be able to express them as they arise).

Take care, and remain in touch, and believe me, I loved and love my mom immensely, and miss her deeply every single second of every single day, so I completely understand why you are still grieving, I think it´s completely normal, it just shows how much you loved and still love her, and how much she loved and still loves you, and that love will never be changed or taken away by her physical death.

Trish

• Members

Hi, I just wanted to reach out to you to say how sorry that I am that you are feeling like you do. My mom just passed and I think that I will never be the same again. I believe that they are still there in some form and your mom is there, keeping a watchful and loving eye on you somehow or you wouldn't have come this far. Both Trish and Cindyjane have extremely helpful words so I won't write more than this except to say how much I hope you have some brighter moments. <3

Dawn

• Members

Hi to you all, and thank you for replying to my message.  I know we are all hurting, and have all feel the loss immensely.  Is it normal to still feel it this many years later?  I feel stupid.  People ask what is wrong, when I cry, etc, and to tell them I miss my Mom so badly, sound so dumb.  After this long.

I wish us all happiness again someday.

• Members

I'm sorry for your loss, too. Have you considered seeing a grief counselor? May be helpful to manage the emotions associated with trauma of your mom's passing.

• Members

I don't think you sound dumb at all. It's been almost 6 weeks since my Mom, my everything passed away unexpectedly and sometimes I can't imagine making it through tomorrow and you have made it thirteen years. I can't imagine ever NOT being sad ever again. Don't ever ever feel dumb. I'm 42 and just want my Mom!

I have decided to get counseling both thru my church and a regular therapist. Will let you know how it goes. Whatever you do keep coming here for support and people who listen and truly understand each other .

Archived