Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Helping my boyfriend

Sarahlouise

• Members

Hi, I wonder if anyone can help me. My boyfriend's brother died 2 days ago, very unexpectedly. My boyfriend has been so strong since it happened, he is looking after his parents and taking care of logistics and is planning on going back to work on Monday. I want to help him but he doesn't talk about it because he's scared of breaking down. I'm so worried about him but I don't want to crowd him. When I'm not with him I cry nonstop but I try to be strong in front of him.

I would be really grateful for any advice to help me support him. I feel so helpless.

Thank you

• Members

I am so sorry about the loss of your boyfriend's brother. It's okay to cry in front of him; perhaps he needs to know it's okay for him to cry. Just be there for him and support him as he goes through a whole rollercoaster of emotions. He may be operating on auto pilot right now to get through this part, but after the funeral, he may suddenly be different. Patience, kindness, caring and love are what he needs.

We will be thinking of you,

ModKonnie

Archived