Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

it's been almost 2yrs

natyj

• Members

Well it's been almost 2 years and I'll feel like I'm emotionally going backwards. .. its driving me crazy! I'm depressed, hopeless and so tired. I really miss my husband. I do have a friend who is the most awesome listener, but my husband is who I long for. I wanna just hear his voice. This is so hard! I've given nothing away and I have moved things arOund but not ready for anything else. My girls miss him like crazy and I wish I can make their pain easier but I'm helpless. That makes me very sad too! Well I thought I would just talk about it. . Its been awhile since I was on here..I always feel guilty doing anything new:-(

• Members
traveler1959

Don't feel guilty for doing something new--- I'm sure your husband would want you to move on. Moving on doesn't mean that you loved your late-husband any less. You will always love him, but that doesn't mean that you can't have feelings for another. I lost my wife 6 weeks ago and I miss her so much that it hurts, and I know that I can't ever love someone like I do her. And right now I can't even imagine being with anyone else. But I hope in time i can find a friend to ease my loneliness.

• Members

Hi Natyj and Traveler. I think that all any of us can do is to take one day at a time. I love my husband so much and I don't ever want to lose that feeling of love. But I also don't want to get stuck in the sadness of losing him. I think there is a way to still hold onto that love and move forward. To learn from the love that we had and maybe to share it with someone else in the future. But neither the past or the future is anything that we can really control while we are grieving. We need to take one day at a time and make it the best that we can. To do that, you really do have to just live in the moment. Just look at each day as a new day and see what it brings you. That is what I am trying to do.

• Members

Thanks traveler and backyarder! This is a process ..thanks for the support. Everyday I feel some new kind of emotion. I was with my husband for 19yrs and I'm literally starting new with everything. Which I'm sure youall and feel. I hope you all day is doing ok! Mine today was ok!

• Members

Yay for your okay day, Natyj. I was having a good one until I watched a slideshow of my hubby. Then I had a pretty long sobfest. But I am okay now.

• Members

Backyarder..I know that feeling! My mornings and nights are hard. I still can't go to chipolte, cause that was his favorite. Pictures, movies, songs evan the weather change can make me cry, well anything can trigger it! Gl ad to hear you got better!

Archived