Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Mother in law and niece killed in car accident nephew left with tbi

missingpieces

• Members
missingpieces

On January 6th 2013 my mother in law was driving my 3yr old niece and 8 yr old nephew to a live nativity scene. A girl going over the speed limit and not paying attention rear ended the car as she was waiting to turn. My mother in law was gone immediately. 2 days later my niece was declared brain dead and taken off of life support. My nephew was the only survivor and is left with a traumatic brain injury. He is getting better every day but will never be the same. In the blink of an eye my family was turned upside down and forever changed. Holidays and gatherings are so much quieter and alot less fun. While we are so thankful my nephew is still with us we miss the 2 we lost fiercely. Today is one year since and today I'm hurting as bad as the day it happened.

• Members
missingpieces

Today is alot better. Unfortunately tomorrow is another anniversary.

• Members
missingpieces

Thats awesome the only replys I get are freaking spam???? Is this common??

• Members

Missingpieces,

I am so utterly sorry your family has had to endure such tragedy. Often at an anniversary (specifically the first one) all the raw emotions come surging back with shocking force and pain. As a family, do you talk about your losses? It's okay to cry as hard as you want. Many people start traditions on the anniversary to celebrate and remember their precious ones. Is this something you think your family would like?

For instance, one family lost a child in an accident. Each year, on the anniversary date, the entire family--regardless of where they are--cook chili (child's favorite dish) and let off balloons at a specific time.

I know other families have memorial services or candelight prayers or just a quiet few moments.

We will be here for you,

ModKonnie

• Members
missingpieces

Thank you Konnie. We talk of our lost ones often. We are to the point in daily life that we can smile through the tears and are often able to laugh and not cry during the memories. We have decided to continue holiday traditions and thats about it.

• Members

I am so very sorry to hear of your loss! I am coming up on the 1 year anniversary of my fiancé's accident and I am dreading everyday. I almost feel like I wish it was just here and over with! I feel like everyday coming up to it is just a count down to the anniversary of hell!

Hugs to you and I wish for you all of the peace you can possibly have! I am sure its not easy however I hope it is a little easier for you and your family.

Thinking about you!

• Members
missingpieces

Thank you! Tomorrow is my mother in laws birthday as well. Her second in heaven. Wish I could call her and wish her a happy birthday in person but I know shes watching over us and knows we love and miss her. She has an awesome party animal with her in my sweet niece. Happy Birthday Mom!

• Members
missingpieces

Uggg spammers again?? Ridiculous!

• Members

It is truly disgusting that people use this forum, which treats such serious and important issues, to advertise ´crap´, excuse my language please, but it is true. They have no shame.

Missingpieces, I am really truly sorry about the loss of your mom in law and niece, and I hope the anniversary of their deaths wasn´t too depressing for you and your family. The worst is over, their tragic deaths and the grieving process that you have had to go through ever since; however, I completely understand that each year by this time, you do remember their untimely and unexpected deaths with renewed pain and sorrow.

Warm regards,

Trish

• Members
missingpieces

Thanks. Yeah spammers are disgusting!

• Members

Am sorry for your loss. It is painful to suddenly lost a loved one. In your case it was a tragic accident that shouldn't happen. I wonder what happen to the girl the bump into the car? There's always stupid ppl out there that shouldn't be behind a wheel, they should be behind bars.

I recently lost my dad unexpectedly too- due to illness. It's always tough for family gatherings. It's not the same. There's sadness every where and most of the time I tried not to think about my dad. I know that my dad loved family gatherings so we have to do it and talk about happy memories of him.

Take care

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Members
missingpieces

The girl who rearended my mother in law had been following another car that was able to get arpund my mother in law without hitting her. She was charged with 2 counts of vehicular homicide. And got away with it. She was found not guilty. It was like losing them all over again because the justice system failed them. The driver of the car that had been between my mother in law and the girl who hit her said that she was following her so closely that she couldnt see the bumper or what kind of suv it was. And she got nothing. NOTHING.Nothing on her driving record, she still has her license. She didnt have a pot to piss in or a window to throw it out of so there was no civil suit. The insurance money that my father in law got was a joke and what my sister in law got doesnt come close to covering the bills she has now for the hospital etc. She didnt bump her car either she rearended her at at least 60mph which spun her 180degrees into the other lane where she was rearended AGAIN by a poor girl who was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

• Members
missingpieces

Thank you tho. And I'm very sorry about your dad. The holidays were rough here too.

• Members

Missingpieces, that's so unfair and injustice. But don't let hate consumed you. Am sure this is unbearable for ur father in law and other family members.

Be strong and lead them throu this hard time by showing more caring let them know that there's a lot of people that love them and care for them.

Tomorrow is my dad 50 days since his passing. We will do memor and pray for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Members

What an awful tragedy.. so sorry for your loss.

I know the holidays were tough for us too. We decided to start a tradition to honor my dad (who passed in October). We found a beautiful ornament and put it on the tree on Christmas day and put his favorite Christmas Song on and just thought of him. Next year, I will buy a new ornament related to something he loved and put that on the tree Christmas day and so on and so forth. One of my biggest losses is knowing that my dad will never meet the children I hope to have someday (I am recently wedded). My thought behind this Christmas tradition is that someday I can say to my children "see that airplane ornament, that's because Grandpa flew airplanes...that Bills ornament was his favorite football team etc. and that maybe through this tradition they will get a little better idea of who their grandpa was.

Archived