Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

my son james 1987

elizabethjames

• Members
elizabethjames

it will be six years since my son death we are suppose to have a birthday party for my son he would have been 21 years old sometimes i feel am going to go crazy but i tell my self hang in there i will see you again my baby boy i sometimes wonder why did my son have to get hit by a car while he was crossing from the cross walk why did this lady was driving too fast my baby was only 15 years old my baby will never finsh high school,have a girlfriend,be in love,have kids of his own. sometimes i feel lost and loney oh help me my father god i feel like am in a bad dream liz #87

• Members

Elizabeth,

I read your heartache tonight and my heart aches for you right now. My girl is gone 5 years now, hit by a train at a broken crossing, and so the suddeness and shock is similar. There is no way to ever go back to that time, it is time instead to go forward with ways to find joy. He would insist you find goodness in each day if you are able. If you are not able, have you ever sought out assistance from a therapist or a group? I went to therapy about 5 months after my Girl died...I stayed for several years, until I had worked out some of theissues a parent has with guilt, with post traumatic, with losing so precious a child. I hope that you will look at the sky and feel the love of your boy, that you will feel that this 6th year will be filled with hope.

Peace,

Dee

• Members
elizabethjames

thank you for reading my story i am sorry for your lost i know the hurt and sorrow i have been to a therapist and and a group that is run by a nun i have meet other people who have lost there loved ones as well as mothers who lost there kids i have thanked my husband for being there for me and not giving up on me i do have others kids who have helped me and family as well i was in shock and the doctor put me as a post traumatic shock i have moved forward but in baby steps i am getting there i started working in 2006 because in august 2002 my son had just turn 15 he was hit august 19 2002 my son was on life support for one week then we buried my son on september 4 2002 and my birthday is on september 8 then on august 27 2004 i found out i had a brain tumor am alright then i went to work march 2006 my life felt upside down but its getting better i am hanging there thank you for taking time to write to me i hope you are doing good take care liz#87

• Members

Dear Elizabeth, how many changes and upsets in your life...I am so sorry. James must be very proud of you as you take those baby-steps. I think that the only way that we can function well in the world that once held our children, is to take baby-steps. When we look back on the years we have been marching forward, we see how far we have come. Be proud of what you have accomplished.

Wow! brain tumor...that must have been a huge shock, and a very difficult recovery. I am supposing that you are much better as you went back to work. My prayers and hopes will be that you continue to have better health and that you find you are traveling in the light of your boy.

My heart,

Dee

• Members
elizabethjames

hello am doing well we had my son birthday it felt like a regular day my daughter made a dvd of her brother james when he was little till his last picturce when he was 15 some family members had tears in there eyes i had tears but i held back because i might cry too hard and not stop and i did not what to scare my family members we took pictures well am doing alright i hope your doing good take care of your self liz#87

Archived