Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Sometimes I just HATE people

Karen.Lyn

• Members

My blood pressure is higher than I've ever seen it before. I have chest pain and just feel miserable. I miss Andy so much but there were a lot of things that are going on that he should have taken care of. We weren't legally married when we bought the house. I was trying to refinance for a lower payment to help get by on my severely reduced income. Now they tell me they can't because everything has to go through probate and some judge has to declare the house as mine. I have a stepdaughter who would like nothing better than to force me to sell so she could get "her share" never mind that she's been estranged from her father for more than 10 years. Meanwhile, I can't do anything with the property. I can't even try to sell it if I can't make the payments.

I have a neighbor, not next door, but kind of catty-corner in the back that took issue with some of my trees. Well, part of my back yard is actually part of the right of way and thereby city property so he was able to go to the city and get permits to cut the trees down. Because my yard is fenced, he cut down the fence too. Then he has the gall to tell me he wants me to pay half of the cost of felling the trees! And in the same breath, he's not responsible for any of the cost of replacing the fence!

I'm scheduled for surgery a week from now. All the people who said they'd be there for me. . . it got awful quiet. It looks like I have to hire someone to care for me during my recovery.

Sorry about the rant, but I don't have anyone else to share with right now and I had to get it out.

K

• Members

Karen.Lyn - I don't know if you've done this already or not, but contact legal aid in your state. You should be able to get free or at least reduced legal advice on this situation. I would also contact any other charitable organizations you can find that are close. I think that I am older than you, but we lost our husbands on the same day. I received a good deal of assistance from the local senior center just after my Tom passed away. That assistance included some legal advice from lawyers who volunteer with the center.

• Members

same thing (but to a much lesser degree) happened to me when my Dad died.

I developed the saying that when anything dies the maggots appear.

I wish you strength. I can only offer to try to find a friend to help you.

• Members
Kurtybearhugs

No kidding... After some of the things my step daughter said to me.... Then she wonders why I don't talk to her anymore. Like the comment below, I had some problems, but nothing like yours. Ditto on the comment about "call and ask around" about getting help for yourself. That is why these programs exist, for good people like you, who just need a leg up to help themselves. Hospice groups are a good source of info. Find yourself a good social worker who knows the ropes, and is (as most of them are) all too eager to help you. They live for this stuff!!

No worries about the rant, -- that's why we're here. Nobody is forced to come here and read these posts. We are here because we want to feel better, and help others feel better, too. It's all about helping each other feel less like we are all alone in the world. I am so sorry for the loss of your beloved Andy. He just looks like a nice guy, and your love for him confirms that as well.

In most areas, small claims court does not expect the litigants to have attorneys, and you can just present your side. If you haven't already, get lots of pictures, and an estimate on the cost of fixing the fence, etc. The more info the better. Go get 'em!! Kurt

• Members

Being so new to all of this, I can't possibly imagine what you are going through. I do know that just the couple of things I have posted on here have been therapy for me. If ranting helps go ahead and rant. I am sure we can all relate. Good luck with your ongoing issues I hope you find a solution soon.

Archived