Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Lost my brother and father

Tiboey

• Members

I feel so depressed lately, my brother died 5yrs ago and my father died last year. I get so depressed and lonely sometimes I start to cry profusely. Random things trigger my depression, watching a movie n someone dies, having an argument with my bf. I just feel like I'm just a wreck n I have no idea what I'm doing with myself or with life. I don't talk to anyone about it cos I don't know what to say, I'm just a wreck n sometimes I wish u could od n just be unconscious for like 3months or something. I'm getting too sad too often, I cannot name one real friend I have, I'm constantly arguing with my bf, my mum tried to build our relationship bt it just feels like we don't av a strong one, I can't talk to her about these things, she's getting old n she's already stressed enough.I just feel so empty at times. Like I'm nothing.

• Members

Your not alone! I'm sorry for your loss and I'm glad you reached out. I am also dealing with a great deal of loss. Sometimes the tears don't stop. My grandparents raised me and I lost both of them by the time I was 25. I lost my 29 year old brother to cancer 2 days after christmas last year, and I lost my stepfather in August . The empty ness is too real at times.

• Members
sarahelizabeth112

I lost my sister January 1st 2011 I was only 16 I feel so depressed and lonely still I don't know how to get over this . no one understands the pain she was my best friend I feel so lost with out her  

• Members

I lost my father in 2008 from the results of alcoholism and immediately following my younger brother started showing signs of advanced alcoholism and we just found his body this past December.  Apparently he became so intoxicated, passed out and froze to death. We are a very close knit family however, we couldn't keep it together.  As a result we all became angry, frustrated and depressed.  Luckily, we have made our peace with each other.  I am the only sibling that lives out of state and I too, am feeling very depressed and alone.  I'm beyond sad and will break into tears at a simple thing that even remotely reminds me of him.  I remember how much he suffered and I so wish I could have done better.  We just put my mother in an assisted living facility.  She is exhibiting signs of demetia.  She left us with a huge mess of cleaning up her home.  She was an awful hoarder. I find myself not really wanting to continue a relationship with her because at first she didn't want my brother to live with her because she liked being alone. She never was a warm, loving mother.  I am a very loving mother although my sons are all grown men.  They are very loving and kind.  I'm not sure that I could survive this without them but whenever I talk to them about it I cry and they become very worried.  Does this blog seem to help with the pain?

• Members

I totally u understand what u mean I lost my nan 4 yrs ago who I was very close to and that broke me and 2 yrs ago I lost my brother in a train accident anything sets me off and I sit pondering thinking about them both if im alone and my lil girls at school and bfs at work! So just to you are not alone because I feel almost exactly the same!x

Archived