Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

loving again after losing my son

myboy

• Members

How do u love someone after losing my only child my son josh and my dad in the same year

• Members

Hi myboyjosh

That's what we need to do as humans, is to love. Your question of "how do you love someone" has a kind of reflection on it. Are you saying that you really want to love someone again? The price we pay unfortunately, is the grief we feel when our loved ones have gone. My son said to me years ago "mum, i dont' know what i would do if you died" I replied that it will hurt and that time heals and the hurt lessens as time goes on till we get to a place where we can bear it. When i was a child i used to cry myself to sleep and one evening my mum came to me and caught me crying and said "what is the matter"? I told her that i didn't want her to die before me. She said she wouldn't and told me not to be silly. She did died and i thought that i would be honest with my children. So, that is why i was honest when my oldest son said what he said and i told him the truth. Recently, he said "mum, when you die, yes of course i will be sad but i would celebrate your life and be thankful i had the privilege of knowing you and sharing time with you. Just a thought myboyjosh.

sogovia

Archived