Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Hi again....what i did for Alexs birthday

catz

• Members

Hi all. Its been a while since ive posted here. Thats not cos im over my loss, or because i didnt want to, but more due to things happening out here in the "real" world. Ive had a lot on my plate with various things and ive been working part time a bit lately and at weird hours. Anyway, yesterday was my partner, Alex's birthday, the first since his passing. I have to say i wasnt looking forward to it at all, but it went ok. I cried a fair bit, went to lunch with friends of his, then came home and spent the afternoon with his brothers GF and another mutual friend of his and mine, which was lovely. In the leadup to his birthday, i wanted to do something for him. At the beginning of the year, i'd promised him that id take him to the movies to see the second hobbit movie which was due out around Dec. Well, as it turned out i went to the movie on my own, and it was bittersweet....i liked it a lot but i know hed have LOVED it, so i really wanted to do something for him for his day. In the end i made a slideshow which i posted on his FB wall. I should explain that his FB is still open and active, because his friends drop in every now and then to leave messages, and its really nice. Anyway, this is the slideshow i posted for him. Please forgive the sound quality, it sucks, but thats cos i dont have any decent recording gear anymore.....and be kind about the singing cos i havent sung in public for many years....hopefully hell appreciate that i havent done this in years ;) The animals are all ours.....and just be aware if you are rat phobic, there are pet rats in this too, one of which Alex hand reared from a tiny little scrap. Its really a celebration of what Alex loved.

http://youtu.be/fztkmH6YB88

• Members

It is so nice to see you here again Catz!! That was beautiful...just beautiful.

Archived