Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Lost my mother 2 cancer

Sarah93

• Members

Hi everyone back in June I lost my mother on the 23/6/13 and a week before my grandmother died on 16/6/13 she was my mams mam and she died because she couldn't take the news that my mam was dying. My mam only had cancer for 10 months and it started as a tumour and then spread into her lungs she was a heavy smoker and I was her carer I looked after he everyday she was alive from the first day she had cancer. As the months went on she got weaker and needed me more it was so hard seeing her like that and at the same time I was looking after her I was caring for my grandmother too cause my family abondoned us and were really mean to me I'm 20 yrs old and I feel so so lost and alone I need help from someone who is in my shoes can u help?

• Members

Sarah, I am so very sorry about your losses. There are many people here who share similar experiences. Please know you are not alone, and we will be here for you. Do you have anyone to lean on for support at home? --ModKonnie

• Members

Thanks for replyin yes I have a wonderful boyfriend who is my back bone I just needed to speak to others in my situation

• Members

I know exactly how you feel. My mom was diagnosed with cancer in oct 2012. It was aggressive endometrial cancer that spread to her brain, she passed away July 2013, 9 months later. 3 weeks after my dad had a heart attack and i found him dead in his apartment. It has only been 5 months since there passing but it hurts like it just happened... I did everything for my mom, thank god my family was there for me, but no one knew me like my mom. not only did i lose my mom i lost my best friend!

• Members

So sorry for your loss. I recently lost my dad unexpectedly. Everything was like a nightmare that I cannot wake up from up. I lost my grandma a year earlier and two months after that I lost my grandpa.

So, it's been really crazy and I don't know what was going on. Am really lost and don't understand why all these happened so quick. Especially my dad. I really missed him and would like to give up anything to talk to him again. When he was in the hospital, I prayed for a miracle in exchange for a few years of my life but that never happened. I have a lot of support from family and I need to be strong to help my mom.

You need to be strong too and I know you can go through this with supports from love ones. Feel free to chat anytime. Take a break, exercise and think of happier memories....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived