Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Mother and Grandmother died recently, Fall 2013

Drew

• Members

Okay so this is the first online group I have ever joined. This is hard...my mother died November 2013 & my grandmother died August 2013. Just so sad and I can't stop crying sometimes :( My grandmother was my absolute favorite person and she is gone...she was like a mother to me. My mother was more of a friend really to me and I miss her so much too. This is so hard to go through and I am just in disbelief. The worst part now is that my sister is upset because my grandmother put my name on the deed to her home. So, she now has a lawyer and making my things even more challenging. I have never had the interest or the need to have a lawyer, but I had to gain one to respond to her lawyer. Honestly, this is is just ridiculous.

• Members

Drew, I am so very sorry about your losses and your troubles with your sister. Is your sister upset because she feels like you don't deserve the house? Did grandma leave her anything? It's always so very sad when families struggle through the fighting after a loss. Perhaps you two will find some common ground in the long run. We will be here for you. Do you have any other family members to lean on for support? Any friends?--ModKonnie

Archived