Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Guilty thoughts

backyarder1

• Members

There are a million thoughts that go through our heads during the grieving process. Some of them make me feel really guilty. The first one that makes me feel guilty is when I feel jealous that someone else is in a happy relationship when mine has been taken away from me.

But another one that makes me feel bad a lot is when someone else just doesn't understand my grieving and I think, "you'll understand when your spouse dies." And then I just feel so bad for thinking that, because it is a horrible, horrible thing to want anyone else to have to go through. Yes, death happens. But I just wish everyone I know would NEVER have to experience this pain or these emotions so there really isn't any WAY that they can understand. :(

• Members

Your feelings are all normal. Everyone of us has gone though them at one time or another. When we suffer a loss, our emotions are thrown into a blender. Nothing makes any sense to us anymore, as the ones we love are our compass in life. When we lose someone we lose or sense of direction and emotionally are all over the map. Most people will not understand your grieving because it is hard to do if we aren't the ones affected.

• Members

Hi there. The acute pangs and waves of grief come to us like a torrent of ferocious emotions cutting into you to the core. Everyones journey is unique and can't possibly feel YOUR pain the way that you do, they can only have that experience of their own, and what people can have is empathy for you. The jealousy thing is normal, my god, you've had the person you deeply love ripped away from you and that feels raw. Try not to put guilt in the way of these feelings you have because that would be like beating yourself up and why? when these feelings are normal. Guilt, anger, rage and jealousy are all very much there at this time because they are like coping mechanisms and you are trying to cope right? It is one of the hardest things we ever have to do but when we are in it, its like we are the only person in the world and it is a very lonely place to be. I hope you find some comfort and being here is a great source of comfort. Keep typing your feelings here, its a great outlet

Kind regards

sogovia

Archived