Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Lost my soulmate

Luckyspin

• Members

Hello,

I'm not good at these kind of things. My better half was always the social one. I lost my wife on Thanksgiving to a 2 year battle with cancer.

I've been reading the forums for the past few days and they have helped out as much as can be expected. At least I know that what I've been feeling isn't abnormal. I knew this day was coming but I didn't know the pain could be so soul crushing bad.

Everything I see reminds me of her. Even though my Mom has been there to help, most of the time I feel so alone. I was my wife's caretaker. I spent 24 hours a day with her. There is such a gaping hole where she was.

I guess it's normal that people say they will be there no matter what, that is until you actually need them.

I just want to thank everybody for leaving comments and answering questions.

Ugh I just retread this post, my mind is all over the place. I can't seem to focus my thoughts very well, and I don't have the energy to rewrite.

• Members

You are doing just as fine as you can right now...and none of us expect you to be anything or say anything or do anything that you don't feel up to. Hope it helps you to find this place, and hope you'll come and talk again. Wishing you peace, Silver

• Members

I'm so terribly sorry for your loss. Seems that the pain of grieving is intensified by how much we were loved and how much we love them, still. My heart goes out to you! Glad you found this forum where people truly understand the depths of grief that we are feeling and have kind words to try to help us find peace. ocean XX

• Members

I thank everybody for their responses. I feel like I'm walking around in a haze and nothing seems real.

• Members

I'm so sorry that you lost your wife. It really sucks when we lose someone we love so much on a holiday. I lost my husband on my mother's birthday.

You are going to feel like you are in a fog for quite a while. It takes time. Just allow

yourself to feel the feelings associated with grief. Don't try to cover it up. I think this is

by far the hardest thing we have to experience as humans. I wish you peace,

Judy

Archived