Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

New Member and Lost

LearningFromLoss

• Members
LearningFromLoss

Umm....I'm not really sure how to start and I'm sorry about that, I just need someone place to share my expierences with others who are going through the same things.

i lost my step-father on October 6th of this year. He was 38 years old and no one expected a thing. He went to bed at night, and simply never got up in the morning. Turns out his heart was 2x the size it should have been and it just stopped. He left behind my mother, 35, my brother, 13, and my sisters, 10, as well as me, 17. It has been the most difficult thing I've ever had to face in my entire life

It's been unreal, and I feel as though I'm not grieving right. I can't think of it as actually happened. It seems like one day he's just going to back in from work again. I'm sorry if this is dragging, i'm trying really hard not to go one for pages about my feelings and the wonderful man he truly was

So now that I'm new here, can anyone tell me what I'm supposed to do or post here? Does anyone have anyone helpful hints or tips, or can you think of anyone grieving websites specifically for teens? I hope to be posting much more once i really understand how this website works.

With hugs and prayers

Menna

• Members

Menna, I am very sorry about the loss of your stepfather. It does seem unreal when one of our loved ones die--it feels as though we are walking around in a movie or moving in slow motion. That will pass, and you may start to experience all kinds of emotions, including anger, fear, loneliness, sadness, jealousy (of others who haven't experienced what you have), and all kinds of other feelings. They are all okay to experience. The best thing you can do to help yourself get through this and start to heal is to talk about how you feel. When you are here, you can tell us how you are feeling--perhaps you have a good day and then you'll have some bad days. You can share all that. You can also share great memories of your stepdad and how is life was. So, whatever you want to share with us--we will be here to listen. --ModKonnie

Archived