Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Lost my baby brother a month ago.... So severely depressed..

claudia27

• Members

Hello everyone. I am new here. I am 27 years old, married with 3 kids. On October 27, I lost my baby brother to sudden cardiac arrest. He was only 19 years old.

I have 2 more brothers, they are 24 and 26 years old. I am the only girl in my family.

Since my baby brother David passed away 1 month ago, I have been so sad, depressed, can't even eat well... All I do all day is think about him... It doesn't matter what I am doing, whether I go shopping, to the store, I am thinking about it.

I am the kind of person that has to talk about it alot. I am constantly talking about him, and cannot find anything else to talk about. I am very sad, sometimes I think I cannot continue in life.

I always had a great relationship with my brother David.. Alot better than my other 2 brothers, who are already married. David was still single living with my parents.

I miss him tooooooooooo much!! :''''''(

• Members

Claudia, I am so very sorry about the loss of your brother. It's always so difficult to deal with the death of a loved one, but when it is a young person, it just makes things seem so much worse. I lost my brother suddenly, too. It shocked and stunned the entire family, and his death was very difficult to heal from. I can only tell you that in time (and I know it sounds so lame), things will seem better. For now, just cry and miss him. Be sure and talk about him with your parents and other siblings. They need to talk about him and their feelings, too. That's the very best thing you can do. So how did you brother die of sudden cardiac arrest? Was there something wrong that was not discovered? Was he playing sports or something? We will be here for you. --ModKonnie

• Members

Hello claudia27

You are not alone out there. I have also lost a younger brother and it kills me every day.

I would like to say it gets betters but it doesn't. The pain dulls a little but you still think all the time.

Please take care of yourself. I have become quite attached to online strangers and their worries.

Kindest regards

Atlanta girl

• Members

Cardiac arrest at such a young age is a tragedy!!

Claudia27,my brother was slightly older than yours when he passed but even so it was a massive shock to our family and left us speechless for a few months.

Things will improve in time but you will always miss him. Nothing will take that away sadly!

Take care stranger

King regards

Atlanta girl

• Members

Hello claudia27

We are here for you when you want to talk.

I am new here too but have found talking to those not directly involved a comfort.

Be strong

Kind regards

Atlanta girl

• Members

We don't know what caused the Sudden cardiac arrest for sure... We didn't ask for an autopsy... But when he was 14, a cardiologist said he had "White parkinson syndrome". My brother was soooo scared of dying, he was very nervous about different things.

I read about WPS and it doesn't cause cardiac arrest. Only about 1% of people with it... Sadly, my baby brother never wanted to see a Doctor again, he was too scared.... My parents tried but he would shake uncontrollably with nervousness... I just think about it and I start crying :(( I just wish he had never suffered like this...

Sometimes I cry and ask God why this happened to him... Why WHy?????????

Archived