Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

No longer anticipating.

trendycheetah3

• Members
trendycheetah3

My Mom died this morning at 12:50 am. She lost the battle to cancer. The sounds she made as she died over the last two hours were so traumatic I think they will haunt me until the day I die. Her face too was haunting. At the end her eyes rolled around in her head looking and looking but never focusing on anything and it was scary and heart breaking to see the light gone from her eyes. I'm still in denial. It doesn't feel real yet, so for now I feel okay. I would never ever wish upon anyone witnessing someone they love dying like that. In a way it was beautiful because we talked her through it and told her it was okay, and told stories and laughed.

Im sorry if my thoughts seem disjointed, I can't seem to keep a string of coherent thoughts together.

We're having a huge bonfire this evening, my step dad says that it's going to be so big that wherever my Mom is, she'll see it. We're all sort of just meandering about not sure what to do with ourselves and trying to avoid triggers. It just doesn't seem real yet, I can't seem to put together that I no longer have my Mom to refer back to. So many people are sending condolences and I keep wanting to tell her how much people are upset about her being gone but then I realize I can't. I think tomorrow might be worse than today.

Maybe I'll write again when I get my **** together and my emotions in order.

• Members

I'm so sorry for your loss. My husband died of complications from his cancer. There is NO easy way to lose someone you love. Try to keep with the good memories and not those of the end. Grieve for as long as you need.

Take care,

Karen

Archived