Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Now i have nothing TO LIVE FOR

pauluk

• Members

my BEAUTIFUL MOM PASSED AWAY 30TH OCTOBER FROM HEART ATTACK HER FUNERAL WAS ON 20TH NOV SHE WAS IN CARE HOME I HAD BEEN IN TO SEE HER TUESDAY SHE LOOKED SO WELL I TOOK SOME PHOTOS NEXT DAY SHE WAS GONE MY MOM WAS ALL I LIVED FOR EVERYTHING I DID WAS FOR MY MOM NOW I HAVE NOTHING NOTHING TO GO ON FOR ALL I WANT IS TO BE WITH MY MOM IF I WAS HAVING BAD DAY I COULD GO DOWN SIT WITH HER FOR CPL HRS AND EVERYTHING WOULD BE OK AGAIN SHE SUFFERED LAST FEW YEARS FROM ALZHEIMERS I HAVE NO WIFE OR KIDS ALL I HAVE NOW IS AN EMPTY VOID ALL I WANT IS MY MOM BACK

• Members

Hello. My mom passed away in a nursing home on October 12, 2013. I miss her more than I can say. I fed her breakfast every morning. She was really funny and she loved me like a rock. I don't know exactly how you feel, but please give yourself plenty of time. I'm still crying at surprising times. Really catches me off guard. So many people think that it's some kind of blessing when people with dementia pass away. It makes grief over their death seem selfish or something. Well, I don't think that it is selfish to feel sad and lonely when a person you cared for dies. I feel very sad and I do have a family. They even have a hard time understanding why I would miss her so when she had dementia. It really isn't something that requires explaining. You just feel how you feel. You are not alone.

• Members

So sorry. I lost my dad and grandpa within 4 weeks of each other recently. It's normal how you feel that's the most important thing you need to know. There is no handbook of how to go through this or how you should feel so however you feel is normal. People kept saying to me "your dad would want you to be happy" or "your grandpa would want you to enjoy the holidays" the first few times I heard things like that I was really annoyed, but then I think about it and they are right. You were obviously very close to your mom and I'm sure looked to her for advice in hard times, if your mom was sitting there beside you right now what would she say to you? She can help you through this even though she isn't there in person you can still talk to her she will hear you.

• Members

So sorry. I lost my dad and grandpa within 4 weeks of each other recently. It's normal how you feel that's the most important thing you need to know. There is no handbook of how to go through this or how you should feel so however you feel is normal. People kept saying to me "your dad would want you to be happy" or "your grandpa would want you to enjoy the holidays" the first few times I heard things like that I was really annoyed, but then I think about it and they are right. You were obviously very close to your mom and I'm sure looked to her for advice in hard times, if your mom was sitting there beside you right now what would she say to you? She can help you through this even though she isn't there in person you can still talk to her she will hear you.

• Members

I am so sorry to hear about your mom, but just remember that she wouldn't want you to give up. Give yourself time to grieve and take it day by day. My mom was my everything too and my heart hurts every day, but some days are better than others. That's something to look forward to.

When I'm feeling down, I try to think of a funny moment I had with my mom. It's really helpful emotionally to think about the good times. Sometimes it's the only thing I can do to stop myself from giving up.

Hugs.

Archived