Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Broken heart

Anna1228

• Members

Hello this is my first ever post. I lost my darling husband five weeks ago and feel that if anything tts getting harder for me. I just feel so overwhelmed with grief. I love and miss my sweetheart who passed away on the 10th October from cancer. I feel so alone in it all.

• Members

I lost my fiance two weeks ago today, and I am also feeling alone, overwhelmed with grief. It just seems like everyday is getting harder and harder. I miss him so much, my heart aches.

• Members

To all three of you, I am so sorry for your loses. This is by far the hardest thing you will

ever have to deal with. Sometimes it will seem like it will never get better. I'm 11 months into

this journey and it does get easier. We really don't have any choice. Just take it one day at

a time and try to do the best that you can for that day. If the best you can do it lay in bed,

well, then do it. You have to do what you have to do. I never thought I would get to the place

that I am today. I miss my husband terribly and would give anything in the world to have him

back with me but that isn't going to happen. So all I can do is go on and try to live the way he

would have wanted me to live.

• Members

I'll add my blessings to all three of you. I lost my husband on October 29th and there have been days when I just felt that I couldn't go on. But I did. this website helps. The chat room helps, too. Even if no one is there, if YOU go there, someone will probably show up and talk to you. It helps to have other people to talk to.

• Members

Hi Anna,

I'm very sorry for your loss. I have just lost my wife to that nasty "c" word on Thanksgiving (Nov. 28th). I hope that knowing that others are with u in spirit if not physically gives u some comfort.

• Members
MissingDaniel

My heart goes out to all of you as well. I had no idea how hard this could be until I lost my husband. I had never lost anyone so close to me, and losing your spouse/fiance/partner is like having a part of you cut away. I wish comfort for all of you, and like Jude said, it may not seem like it now, but it does get better. Hang in there and give yourself time to heal. Take care of yourselves, and there are many caring people here to help however they can.

• Members

You all are absolutely right -- it's like having a part of you ripped away. I miss my fiance so much. I go from being totally numb about it to just uncontrollable crying. I'm glad that I'm close to my family and his, and our friends have reached out a lot. This is the first forum I found when I looked for grief message boards and I'm glad to be able to have somewhere to type these things out. And feel a little less alone, even though I know this is a club no one wanted to join.

Archived