Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Loss of toddler from pit bull attack

Akrogman

• Members

My two and a half year old was killed dec. 13, 2013 by my cousins pit bull, in front of me. Obviously we are coming up on the year mark which gives me great anxiety. Since she passed, I have moved twice, her dad and I split, got a new boyfriend, got a new job, got engaged, married three months later, and quit my new job. I found I was so busy with all of this I really didn't have the thought process to grieve. After the wedding, when things calmed down, I hit rock bottom. I haven't been able to get out of this since. Nothing helps. I started a journal and trying the chat. I think it will help to talk to others that have experienced this and are maybe further through the grieving process to give me some hope and maybe some advice.

• Members
Mermaid Tears

Akgroman...hope I wrote that right.....

please go to the site called...'Loss of an Adult Child'.....

no..it doesn't matter if your child was 2 months....2 years....12 years....22 years...or even 42 years...for they are still our child...no matter their age.....you will find many on that site that will hold a hand out to you in this grief journey....please tell us about your child..about yourself....we are just here...parents that lost a child...to come together and hold hands on this dark...sad...journey....we don't have answers....we can only come together with a common thread...am so sorry for your loss...Peace to you.

• Members
Mommysangelisabella

Akrogman,

I am so very sorry for your loss. Time is always at a stand still for us and greif is something we never dreamed of. I lost my angel not two months ago . She was given to me by god for 7 short months then taken home. I spend alot of time on adult child . So please dnt worry your little one was only 3 . Plz join us there. There are people posting and reading threwout every day . So only read some post. In your time plz join us id love to learn of your sweet angel and of you. My name is wendy my angel ofcourse is isabella faith. Im new on this journey but people on the other thread hv been walking our path for any where from new to ten or more years. We are here to listen . We know your pain . We understand every weird feeling even when your asking is this right. People on here call the day their child died alot their angel date or angel anniversary. I hear your doing whats normal not only are you hit by holidays but your angel date as well there are others like you. Imglad you found us but sorry very sorry youve joined this group no parent ever wishes to join. Im praying for you . Ill check back here and talk here if this is where you need to be . I hope to hear from you agen. Im praying for you your husband and angel.

• Members

Akgroman

You have come to the right place.

loosing a child is the most difficult experience any of us has had. You are just begining the 2nd year, which in my opinion is harder than the first.

The second year brings reality. The reality that our child is really gone and not coming back.

Please be kind to yourself. My 16 year old son died 6-19-2008 from a senseless car crash. I have been on this road for over 5 years - The pain does subside, but will never go away.

One thing that worked for me is to go out and try to find happiness. Happiness does not come running down the stairs to us anymore. Even if you can find one thing in the day to make you smile. That will help. That one thing can turn into 2 things and, as alot of time goes by, you will find happiness in this life again.

This is a long process with many bumps in the road and set-backs. But keep trying to find those little moments of happiness. They will come. And please join us on the adult child thread. My son was not an adult, but I am accepted without question. And so will you.

Please consider yourself hugged.

Colleen, Brian's Mother forever

Archived