Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

What do you want to say to the person you lost

LHD

• Moderators

Stole this from the Parents forum :) Thought it might be worth posting here......

• Members

I want you to know, I'm trying as hard as i can. It doesn't seem like there is any future that can be as good as the days i spent with you, and sometimes it's hard to be hopeful.It's so very hard to try to let go of living in the past, because that's where i can see you so clearly. You always said that you knew I was strong , and that i would be all right...but I don't feel strong..and I'm far from all right . I'll just have to hope you knew me better than i know myself right now. Each day is a struggle , not to cry and be sad, because you aren't here with me, but i keep fighting , and I guess it'll all be ok someday, one way or another. I hope that you are there, and that one day, when all this is over, I'll wake up to see you smiling at me, and we'll never lose each other again. If there was ever anything i did or said , that hurt you.. I hope you can forgive me. Wherever you are..you still have my heart in your pocket...please take care of it for me, until i see you again someday.I wish , with all my heart, i could go back to that one moment in time, with my arms wrapped around you, my face pressed against your shirt and your hand in my hair...and never let you go! I love you, Dragon.

• Members
MissingDaniel

At first I just wanted to ask you why - how could you risk everything, our love, our family, your life, for some momentary feeling. I thought we had come so much farther than that. But now I want to say that it doesn't matter anymore. I forgive you. And I hope you can forgive me for any ways I failed you. I hope you know how much I love you and that I always have - even through our darkest days together. And I will keep you alive for our daughters. They will know their daddy. If you are there, please walk with me as I do my best with them and watch over us. I'll catch up with you when my work is done. I love you forever, Daniel.

• Members
usagainsttheworld

I would tell Divon I will always love him and Im miserable without him

• Members

Since your last words were "tell my wife I love her" well of course, I love you, then and forever!! I wake up and go to sleep missing you everyday. No one can ever take your place. I think I feel you sometimes so thank you!!! We all miss you and love you Scott.

~ Marti

• Members

Jerry, I just can't believe that you are actually gone. You promised me that you would live to be 90!! All the time you spent worrying about me, that I wasn't taking care of myself and you were so afraid of losing me. And look...it was you that left way ahead of time.

You know that I love you more than life itself. I always have, from the minute I laid eyes on you. Thank you for giving me such a good life and for being such a good friend and husband. I know things weren't always easy but I do know that you always loved me.

I always told you that if you go first to give me a sign and you did. I also told you to wait for me at the gate so you better be there when I get there!! I miss you so much babe and I can't help crying, it just hurts so bad. Life doesn't have any meaning for me anymore, all I am doing is going through the motions hoping today will be my last day.

I miss your silliness, your warmth, your love, everything about you. If I could have one wish I would wish for you to be back. I love you,

Judy

• Members

I actually wrote an essay about this very topic called "What I'd Tell You I Could". I've received a number of emails from others who have felt similarly. I wrote it during the four-year anniversary of my partner's death:

http://www.theweeklings.com/ldremousis/2013/11/06/what-id-tell-you-if-i-could/

My very best to each of you.

• Members

Tommy, I want to say thank you for all the wonderful years of happiness you gave me. Thank you for teaching me so much about love. Thank you for the laughter and the smiles. I love you and will be missing you every minute, until we meet again.

• Members

I'm sorry I wasn't there when you needed me. I love you and wish you were with me. We where suppose to spend a lifetime together, none of this is fair.

Archived