Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

New here...lost my Mother and Father 15 months ago

lemc87

• Members

I\m new to this site and I'm glad I found it. I lost my parents 15 months ago 6 days apart from one another. My Mother had Esophigial Cancer and my Father had Dementia and 6 days after my Mother passed he passed away of pnemonia. Let me say this was a shock to lose one but then 6 days after to lose the other one was a shock. This past 15 months has been a rollarcoaster of emotions from being numb to it to crying everyday to feeling lost and missing them so much it hurts.

I know they are not suffering anymore but I miss them everyday and think about them everyday. I've been told by therapists that I have not gone through all the stages of grieving. This is still so new to me. I try to keep living my life but sometimes it feels like my life has stopped with them being gone. My son who is 19 was very close to them as was I and my 25 yr old brother. I guess I'm here for support from others which is what I need right now. It was suggested to me to join a Grief Support Group. I'm glad I finally took the step and did so and hopefully I will begin healing and moving on with my life.

• Members

Baby girl, so sorry for your losses, I lost my Mom over 20 years ago, she had emphysema, and lost my Dad 4 years ago, and my husband 9 months ago. My parents are always with me, I am made up of them. The first year after my Mom died was terrible, I was 28 years old, all alone with 3 small children, didn't think I would make it.

Just wanted you to know you are not alone. Hugs to you.

• Members

Hi babygirl76

I´m really sorry for your losses L Losing both your parents in such a short period must´ve been awful, I don´t know what I´d do…

You did a good choice by coming here, it helps to vent some of the emotion out… I also suffer from anxiety and panic attacks and can really relate to what you´re feeling…

I don´t take any specific medication, just some to help me sleep since my dad died… I do therapy, gym and yoga. Yoga might help you too, there are specific poses to help with anxiety and depression, you could give it a try.

Best wishes and a big hug

• Members

Hey babygirl,

I'm so sorry for your loss. I can only imagine what you must be going through. I lost my mom on October. 11th; this is why I'm here. I think this is the best thing for us really, because these people can relate and are here to offer a helping hand while we're dealing with this.

I know it seems impossible, but try holding onto the good memories. Some days, the memories are the only things that keep me from breaking down completely.

Hugs.

Archived