Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

6 months - How did you feel?

MissuDad

• Members

It has been 6 months since my dad passed away and this week has been like a reliving of some things I thought forgotten…

I´ve been on this journey mostly alone, my mom had already divorced my dad years ago, my sister and him never got along really well and my niece the same…

My mom also suffers from a mental condition that makes her keep telling that the devil will kill us all and my sister had a depression years ago and became a colder person, so I only have a few friends that I can turn to.

This has been a road full of ups and downs, my mom got sick too and it made me recall everything again (luckily she had a small surgery and is recovering well), my whole life has changed and it seems everything goes wrong…

At work my boss has not been the most friendly person, I´ve been struggling financially as I used to share expenses with my dad and have not yet got used to this new lifestyle, mom got sick and I had to go back to hospitals, my sister keeps boring me with stupid stuff and even the washing machine decided to broke down L

I know these things happen, but it seems it all happens at the same time… every time a crisis passes I remember more about dad and how it´d be if he was still here and healthy.

Sometimes it seems like a bad dream L

Does anyone here have these setbacks? How do you cope when you feel all coming back?

• Members

MissuDad, It always seems like things hit all at once, doesn't it? When I have times like these, I take a deep breath, go for a long walk and do some crying, praying and then I tell myself positive things and keep going. The setbacks are hard, but you have taken a good step forward in coming here to talk about it all. Talking is the best way to get through this. Just know, you are not alone. We will be here for you.--ModKonnie

• Members

Dear missudad, i am sorry for your loss, and yes, when it rains it definitely pours, but stay strong and be encouraged by knowing that Jesus is lord and he can and will heal you if you only trust in him, it will take time , like i told other writers, but you can truly count on him. If you need to talk i come on here probably every other day so feel free to drop me a line or 2. May god bless you and give your heart and mind a calming peace. God bless.

Archived