Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

New member, lost Mom September 10, 2013

Kimi

• Members

I'm a 44-year-old who has recently lost my mom. Mom was bedridden with MS for 11 years. She has lived with me for the last 16. Mom is only 65. We took her to the hospital, where she ended up staying for 3 months. It was heartbreaking, as there were times we thought Mom would come home. We never, ever saw this coming. She had been septic, as she had before, and we just knew she would come back home...So now, I am left here without her. She has been with me nearly my whole life, and I have not just lost Mom, but my best friend, my rock, my safe place. I honestly do not know how to go forward. I have 2 younger sisters who are also struggling, but even they said they know it is harder on me since Mom lived with me basically my whole life. Holidays are coming. Birthdays are coming, including Mom's. I just don't know how people get through this. I feel like my life has ended. I feel like this can't be possible, as if somehow Mom will come back to me. I know it sounds crazy, but somewhere inside I do feel like that, even though I know it can't happen. Sorry, I am likely rambling. I just don't have many to talk to, as most of my friends still have their moms. It's a group none of us want to be in, but I am glad to meet anyone who can relate. I pray for us to one day have some kind of peace with this. It's just so hard. I'm attaching a pic of my sweet Mom on my wedding day. I miss her so, so much.

post-361764-0-60098400-1382063015_thumb.

• Members

Hi Kimi,

I´m really sorry for your loss. Although I still have my mom, I know how it feels losing your rock and the person who has been with you all the way… It seems the world becomes an empty space with nothing to offer…

The say only time helps heal, let’s hope it does

A big hug to you

• Members

Hi, Kimi -

We have a lot in common, unfortunately. My mom passed away on Sept 11, 2013, my name is Kim, and I am also 44 years old. While my mom didn't live with me, I spoke to her every day and she lived nearby. She was my rock, my best friend, and my confidant. I miss her every day and often wonder how I'm going to get through the rest of my life without her. I am dreading the holidays and now, just after Thanksgiving, I am more of a wreck than I was before. I am going to volunteer with my family on Christmas Day because I can't bear to be home where she should be with us. My mom had just celebrated her 77th birthday when she passed away. I took her to a doctor's appointment in mid-August because she was having such difficulty breathing. The doctor had me take her directly to the hospital, and she never came home. She got well enough to be released to a nursing home, but the nursing home gave her an incorrect medication and she had to be rushed to the ER and was readmitted to the hospital. In her weakened state, she was not able to recover and passed away about a week and a half after this medication error. The only thing that makes me feel a little better is that I know my mom is with my dad now (he passed away when I was 17) and she has missed him so much all of these years and never remarried or dated. I cry a little every day and hope that I learn to deal with this empty space in my heart soon. I know it will never go away (I'm used to it from losing my dad, whom I was very close to), but I am having a very hard time dealing with the feelings of losing a mom. So please know someone out there feels the way you do, understands, and is trying to cope with a lot of the same things.

Archived