Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Lost dad just over a year ago

Kat001

• Members

Lost my dad just over a year ago quite suddenly due to multiple myloma (a form of cancer) - it was a surprise as we thought he was in remission. He had a stroke while renovating the bedroom. I am finding it really hard to come to terms with. I am finding it really hard to talk to my husband about his passing. I feel like everyone thinks I should be over it by now but I am not. Do you ever get 'over it'? Do you ever stop wanting to cry at the smallest things. It has been over a year and sometimes it still hits my like I have been hit in the stomach. I miss him.

• Members

Kat001, You never "get over" the loss of your father, but the horrible gut wrenching anguish does get better. The year anniversary is usually pretty rough for most people, so don't feel like you are alone in this. Has your husband experienced the loss of anyone significant in his life? Perhaps you can have him read some of the stories from people who have lost their loved ones on here--that might help him understand what you are experiencing is normal, and it's going to take plenty of time to begin to heal. --ModKonnie

Archived