Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

loss of my 15 year old daughter

kyeshasmum

• Members

hi there, almost a month ago I lost my beautiful 15 year old daughter. she was my eldest daughter. I was relocating interstate. she was supposed to come with me but heard a rumour that she had supposedly cheated on her boyfriend. she went into panic mode as he would not answer her phone calls. so I took her to the school to "sort it out" for her. it got sorted but she said to me that she no longer wanted to come with me as she was scared of losing her boyfriend. I told her "well if you ask (a certain person) if you could stay with her, and she says yes, then its fate that you stay and I will fly you down to me whenever you want to come home. So on the day of the road trip, I left her at this womans house (trusting that she would look after her) I hugged my daughter, she cried as I left, I did not :( as I presumed I would talk/see her soon. She sent me a text on the Friday 13th saying in capitals I LOVE AND MISS YOU SO MUCH MUMMA XOXO to which I replied "aw I miss you too and wish you came with me, hope everything is going the way you want it there. The next day (Saturday) the 14th I drove with my 8 year old and a cat for 12 hours and was exhausted by the end of the day so did not contact anyone. I woke at 6am sunday the 15th to the lady who I left my daughter with telling me she was hit by a truck and is dead. at first I did not believe it. I was still on my road trip down south and tried to get to my mother who was another 9 hours away. I drove for 2 hours to Cobar as I was worried I'd have an accident in my state of shock, I took myself to the hospital who cared for me and my daughter. they were the greatest. Once my mother made it to me, I jumped on a plane back to Cairns and demanded to see my daughter in the morgue, to which I am not sure I should have cause I have that image etched into my mind but wanted her to know I was there for her. We had the strongest bond a mother and daughter could have, she was also my friend and my rock. Investigations are ongoing into her death, but this is what I know so far. she went to sleep at a friends house who was older than her and drove her 20klms west to a location were young adults were having a party, they gave her alcohol and possibly drugs. Something happened and she wanted to go home, so you started her walk down the dark highway where she tripped on gravel and a truck ran over her. I do not hold any anomocity to the driver but I do to the adults that supplied her with alcohol and possibly drugs. to make matters worse, as Kuranda is a small town the school released a letter that we had lost kyesha which I was ok with but a few days later they school took it upon themselves to write an awful letter saying she commited suicide even though investigations are still ongoing. This letter mentally tormented me even more and I contacted the principal of the high school to advise the community that he gave out false information as investigations are still ongoing and to apologise. he said and I quote "I will not do that" so I took matter further as I know this letter was to protect the small community and make my beautiful daughter a victim even more. He was then contacted by a coronial inquest lawyer and the education department which now has made him to retract what he said and apologise even though the damage he has caused has already been done. he tried to cover up why he released this letter and emailed me 4 days after I kept begging that I wanted proof of the information he supposedly got. I finally received it but there was NO email stating for him to address the public that she committed suicide. I know he is just covering for the locals. the lady trusted with the care of her also works at that school. People have been awful to me and my remaining 2 children saying stuff on face book, my 13 year old was bullied on face book by people from that community. when I rang the Kuranda police, to enquire about this suicide letter, the officer coldly said to me "how do you know she didn't commit suicide" I said" that is inappropriate for you to say that to me and how does the school know that she committed suicide"I picked up my daughters ashes the other day and could not believe it. I scattered some at palm cove with a wreath and we sat on the beach and cried. I have trouble with the fact I left her in Kuranda and blame myself, she died 3 days after I left her there. Everyday is a struggle and I miss her immensely that I have thought of throwing myself in front of a truck to feel the pain she felt and end mine. I don't know how I am going to live without her in my life and at the moment its mental torture, so I cant help but to hurt myself physically. She was a very smart, charismatic, witty, caring girl who would have went on to greatness. I try to make sense out of all of this but cannot and only hope that one day I can cope and survive for my other 2 daughters. I love you Kyesha Katelyn Beth Power.

• Members

kyeshasmum

I am so very sorry to read of the terrible turn of events that surrounded the loss of your lovely daughter. You are not only grieving her passing but the insensitivity of those who were entrusted with safety. I grieve with you and am so glad that you found this site end shared.

You are not alone. The next time you post it would be best if you clicked on the "loss of adult child sections" then clicked on the reply to post section at the top and then shared You will connect with many who walk this road and share your pain

Please keep coming back This Board saved my sanity and life 6 years ago when I lost my only child Stephen.

In my thoughts e

Archived