Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Very sick making missing husband worse

Sammijo2424

• Members

This week I have been very sick, running fever, sore throat, severe headache and body aches, have basically been in bed alllll week. Just feeling horrible. This is the first time I have had to deal with sickness without my husband. He always took care of me when I was sick, really, hovering over me way too much, but it was just one of many ways that he showed his love for me.

I went to counselor yesterday, because this one day I was not running fever. I sat and cried the whole visit and he told me this is just one of many firsts and they are just so hard. After almost 8 months I still just do not know how to handle so many things. Today I have slept on and off and he has come to me in my dreams, guess he just has to hover some more. It has brought me a little peace. I just want him so bad right now and I had really been doing better, this has set me back a lot. It is just so hard being sick and all alone. Hmmm, actually I have never had to deal with sickness all on my ow, first time EVER.

Tomorrow I go and keep 2 of my grand kids for a week, think it will be both good for me and very hard on my already worn out body, but I don't have a choice in the matter. Asking for prayers please that I wake up tomorrow morning healed.

• Members

aww that sounds horrible. so sorry to hear you are under the weather and feeling like you’ve been set back. it does seem to magnify the missing of your person, I totally get that. It’s probably good that you cried it out with your counselor, a good release is good for your health, IMO :) Happy he came to see you in your dreams and that you are feeling some comfort from that. he knows you are needing him and is doing what he can. Wishing you a good night’s rest and hope that your visit with your grandkids makes you feel a little bit better. Kids and animals have a way of making the days feel a bit brighter I think, they just see things in a different, happier light. I know for me it’s so hard to walk into the house every day knowing he won’t be there but when my 90 pound mutt comes bounding over to welcome me home he’s so happy, and I feel needed again. Take good care of yourself. Hugs.

• Members

I have been sick the past week myself, just a bad cold instead of what sounds like the flu that you have, I here it is bad this year. But still, it's terrible being sick alone, even worse that I was out of town and took sick to travel home for 2 days. I don't get sick often but admit to being a big baby when I do - that really doesn't work when it is just me. Today I feel much better, if I don't get one of those secondary infections that often set in I should be in good shape by Monday I think. Try to take care of yourself as best you can, the sleep is what your body is telling you it needs to fight this off, so don't argue just do it.

• Members

Sammijo...are you feeling any better?? It does sound like you had the flu. Did you get a flu shot? Everybody needs to get one!!

Keeping busy is so helpful. I'm sure caring for two grandbabies will help life your spirits.

Thinking of you my friend and hoping you are well,

Judy

Archived