Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Lost my Best Friend 9/8/13 and my Mother 9/11/13

Bigjoedo

• Members

Looking at the forum, it appears others have experienced similar losses. I was upset that my Best friend of 45 plus years died. We were best men in each others weddings. On 9/11/13 I was struggling mentally regarding my loss. After arriving home from work, I received a phone call that my mother had also died. I was very close to both of them. I know they are both in a better place. How are others coping? Thanks

• Moderators

I'm so sorry for your losses. I have not experienced a loss like yours, but many here have and I hope browsing through the other posts will help. As for how to cope, there's no simple or pat answer of course, but I've found keeping busy is a good start, hard though it can be. And hopefully you have some family/friends who can help simply by "being there." Also consider grief counseling. Best to you!

Archived