Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

I miss her

3_birds

• Members

Hello everyone,

I am new here. My name is Charlie, I am writing from Europe.

I am 21 years old, and lost my 32 year old sister on August 13 of this year. The reason I chose this forum is because I need something. I am not ready to start counseling as talking about it seems more impossible to me than writing. Although I do need to talk to someone, I just miss her so so much... A forum in my own language isn't a option as I feel there is less privacy there, since there could easily be people I know personally.

My sister M had cancer, which started of as ovarian cancer but spread through her whole body over the past 4 years. She had one of the BRCA genes, which was passed on by our father. I have not yet been tested, but I am starting the procedure asap. I need to know....

We were living together at the time we found out she was sick. I had gone through some things my parents didn't want to deal with and she was the only person who cared enough to take me in. We had such a special bond. We always did. I don't know if anyone here believes is past lives, but I do, and I believe she and I have lived at least one other life together. We connected on a level I never felt with anyone else, and so did she. We spent her last 4 days together in the hospital (of course with our dad, her mom and her husband too) and she told me some stuff that confirmed what I always felt when I was around her, her love for me. The same kind of love I had, and still have for her. Writing this makes me cry so bad, I think I have to stop for now. I might just read along with everyone else here, I might write every now and then, who knows at least you know I am here now.

Best,

Charlie

• Members

3_birds, I am so very sorry about the loss of your sister. You can talk here all you want and don't worry about privacy. We have all people from all walks of life who post here, and we try to respect and guard privacy. Go ahead and cry while you write--it's okay. When you are ready, feel free to share your sister's story, your story and how you feel. We will be here to listen. Do you get along with your sister's husband? Can you two talk? --ModKonnie

Archived