Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

What about the Facebook profile...?

Jonathan Lyons

• Members
Jonathan Lyons

I'm wondering what others have done regarding their children's Facebook profiles (or social media profiles in general).

I guess there are two things to do...keep them up, or ask Facebook to 'memorialise' them (only friends can see a slightly altered profile and no one can 'friend' them)

Or maybe you've tried to get Facebook to remove the profile?

How have you tackled this?

• Members

Hi, I have left my son's as is. From time to time when a friend of his is missing him, they will put something on it. Its nice to know other people are still thinking about him. Also, on his Angelversary and his Birthday all his friends and family put something on and they are nice to read, does the heart good. Its an individual choice, I don't look at it as much as I use to, but I do know my husband and my daughter look at it every week and when they are feeling sad, they put things on there. It can be cathartic.

Archived