Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

This is so hard...: (

Mrs_T23

• Members

I'm new to this and it's very hard to share my story with strangers but I can't talk to anyone without them telling me to let it go. I lost the love of my life almost 2 months ago to a car accident, we would have been married a year in October. This man made me feel like I could take on the world, that I was the most beautiful person he had ever seen, i felt butterflies everytime i kissed him and he loved my girls like they were his own, what I thought was a once in a lifetime kind of love. The day after he died my family and I traveled 6 hours to town where he wrecked, to make arrangement and fill out paperwork. We were told to come back to the funeral home in an hour to view him, in the meantime I was given his belongings they found at the site, one of them being his cell phone. I of course looked at it to see his last text, last call. When the wind was knocked out of me to find he was planning on having a woman meet him the next night to share a hotel room, among other things like disgusting naked pictures. I was beyond devastated, angry and so confused. Two days later to find out I was pregnant with our first child that we had been praying for for almost a year. I'm so angry and hurt by what he was doing, it's been hard to accept the part of him I didn't know about and grieve losing the man I loved more than anyone.

• Members

So sorry you are going through all this, I'm glad you came here, and hope that being here and being able to share helps. Try the chatroom too, while you are around, if you feel like talking in real time with someone. Please take care of yourself, and I am sorry to hear about your loss.

• Members

I'm really sorry to hear about your loss, and about the complicating circumstances. I wish you the best in dealing with it, and I hope that you can come to some sense of peace with it.

• Members
MissingDaniel

So very sorry for what you are going through. We've all experienced a devastating loss, but it sounds like you are dealing with many difficulties right now surrounding that loss. Please come here to talk whenever you need to, and may blessings find you and comfort and peace surround you as much as possible.

• Members

oh man, what a lot to deal with all at once. Unfortunately, there isnt any way to be sure that any one person is telling us the truth, as you have found. Just remember that you DID love this person, and you can and should grieve the loss of that love if not the person. Also its only been two months....ask anyone on here and theyll tell you thats very little time, especially as you have all this other stuff to deal with. Take your time...im sorry to say youre in for a long, probably rough ride, but try to remember that you didnt know all the background stuff and COULDNT have known. Guilt is a very common emotion in grief, and we can end up feeling guilt for the craziest things. Try not to let yourself get on that bandwagon. And please, dont forget that there are people to talk to, not only here but also in counselling services. If you arent alreayd seeing a counsellor or therapist, please consider doing so.....talking does help. FInally, but equally important, is to take care of yourself physically. Eat, even tho you dont want to. Make sure you drink enough fluids, and try to avoid too much alcohol, and try to get some exercise, even if its just a walk in the fresh air sometimes.

• Members

So sorry to hear about your loss. I can relate a lot to your situation if you ever need to talk let me know. I am almost 7months out of Jim's accident and its still something that affects our daily lives. Hugs...

• Members
junglee queen

Iam so sorry to hear all of this . Remember we are all here to support you anytime you need help .....with lots of love

• Members
The drummer's wife

I am so sorry for everything you are going through. I hope you can find answers that will afford you some peace as you move forward.

• Members
The drummer's wife

I couldn't get your story out of my head.

How do we reconcile unresolved marital issues after the death of our spouse?

I think we have to find our own truths. We know, deep inside ourselves, our answers.

Knowing what you know now and there was never an accident, would you have forgave him....would you make your marriage work or would that have torn your marriage apart? Your answer is the only answer that matters and from that answer you can move forward. There is a baby on the way, a baby created in love, real love and that is an amazing grace. I wish you abundant peace and tender comfort and the blessing of a healthy child.

Archived