Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

what's next

MissingDaniel

• Members
usagainsttheworld

Today a judge saw it fit to sentence a horrible person 5 years for murdering my husband. I'm not sure how to feel and I'm back at sqaure 1. I was glad his family and I got to share with the court our hurt and pain everyday since he's been gone but I just can't believe 5 years. I miss my baby and he's all I want. I don't know what's next in my life. This monster can get out and eventually have a chance of future. My future is over. I won't have kids with my highschool sweet heart or walk down the isle, call him to let him know how my day was. We had our entire life planned together now I got nothing. I thought we had forever.

• Members
MissingDaniel

No sentence could have ever made up for what this man took from you. Life in prison would not have brought him back. But I can hardly imagine how you must have felt at what would seem to anyone like letting him off way too easy. As hard as I know it is, try not to let your healing be tied to his punishment. Easier said then done I know. I wish you comfort as you try to come to terms with your feelings about this difficult day. I'm so sorry...

• Members

Wow. So so sorry that all happened to you.

Did you get to speak at the sentencing hearing?

May I ask what, why, how it happened? Maybe I'm

not supposed to ask.

Nothing will bring him back, true,

but also totally understandable that this is

hard to assimilate.

Archived