Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

what's next

junglee queen

• Members
usagainsttheworld

Today a judge saw it fit to sentence a horrible person 5 years for murdering my husband. I'm not sure how to feel and I'm back at sqaure 1. I was glad his family and I got to share with the court our hurt and pain everyday since he's been gone but I just can't believe 5 years. I miss my baby and he's all I want. I don't know what's next in my life. This monster can get out and eventually have a chance of future. My future is over. I won't have kids with my highschool sweet heart or walk down the isle, call him to let him know how my day was. We had our entire life planned together now I got nothing. I thought we had forever.

• Members

I am sorry that is all the person who is responsible for taking someone's life punishment is. I know it is probably very difficult for you! Please don't feel like you will never have another life! I know that right now it may feel that way but somehow, someway, someone will walk into your life and change It forever! Hugs!

• Members

That must be incredibly hard. I cant say or do anything that will make it any better or easier other than to say that im thinking of you and wishing you the best *hugs*

• Members

5 years does not seem an appropriate sentence for taking a life. I have to say that I am impressed with your strength, though.. You were able to get up and speak about this tragety in court. Be proud you accompolished that.

It's hard to understand how a 5 year sentence is a fair and just punishment, but if it helps remember that there is a natural order to justice (karma) that works outside of jail and the judicial system.

I can only imagine your hurt and anger. I'm so sorry for this injustice.

• Moderators

It's hard to understand how a 5 year sentence is a fair and just punishment because it isn't. But our legal system being a joke is old news I'm afraid (OJ, need I say more). I'm so sorry us. I do agree that what goes around comes around though and I feel confident saying this person will never be happy because that will always hang over their head. I'm so sorry. I am glad you are able to be with his family as well and hope that helps you in these terrible times.

• Members

While this isn't going to help with the pain you feel right not, I really think you should consult with a lawyer about filing a civil suit. The money might or might not mean much, but you might make his life a little more miserable for many years to come. Give it some thought.

• Members
junglee queen

Iam so sorry dear , I know how horrible its . My guy died in a car accident after work but they still cant find the person who caused it . an eye witness reported to the police some details about the car that caused the accident , but still they cant find it. I understand your anger . Those people will be punished one day and they will suffer for what they did .

• Members
The drummer's wife

5 years or 500 years...there is no mortal justice for death, no punishment great enough for taking a life. None. I am so sorry for your pain and loss and the injustice of his sentence. Peace and love on your journey.

Archived