Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

She's gone...

Dragonfly81

• Members

2 months ago my sister died. She was 31 week pregnant with her 4th child and only 33 years old.

One night her heart simply stopped, my mum gave her CPR untill medical help came, and operated on her living room floor, to get the baby out and save my sister. The baby survived but my sister died the next morning.

A huge part of me has been ripped to shreds, my heart is in pain and sometimes I feel I can't breathe. She was my best friend in the whole world and now she is gone. I can't believe it.

She left 4 beautiful children behind, but recently her partner has said I am not to be alone with them, because he disagrees with my choice of shutting my father out ( this is a whole nother story).

By doing this he has taken what is left of my heart and stomped on it, I am so lost, so afraid and so down, and although I keep a brave face for others, really I am dying inside...

I keep thinking that I should have been the one to go instead, this is such crap, life is crap.

• Members

dragonfly81, I am sorry about the loss of your sister and the troubles you are experiencing with her partner. Have you tried to recently talk directly to the partner and express your love for the kids and how you feel? What would happen if you tried? What about a letter? In the meantime, have you considered professional counseling to help you process all of this? Perhaps a professional could offer some good advice on how to resolve the issues and deal with your intense emotions. You can vent, rant, cry and talk all you want here. We will be here to listen and offer encouragement. --ModKonnie

• Members
phantoms shell

I hope you the best try to be there for the kids even though your sisters partner is making it hard. Maybe like my sisters husband they feel the children are all they have left of your sister

• Members

I hope you the best try to be there for the kids even though your sisters partner is making it hard. Maybe like my sisters husband they feel the children are all they have left of your sister

We all feel that.

Yes I try to be there for them

• Members

dragonfly81, I am sorry about the loss of your sister and the troubles you are experiencing with her partner. Have you tried to recently talk directly to the partner and express your love for the kids and how you feel? What would happen if you tried? What about a letter? In the meantime, have you considered professional counseling to help you process all of this? Perhaps a professional could offer some good advice on how to resolve the issues and deal with your intense emotions. You can vent, rant, cry and talk all you want here. We will be here to listen and offer encouragement. --ModKonnie

Thank you

Archived