Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Dealing With Loneliness?

argjiro

• Members

Hi, my name is Argjiro and I'm 18 years old. I lost my mother in September to Cancer. My mother and I were extremely close. We did everything together and I could talk to her about anything. After losing her and going through a long year of feeling nothing but numb and feigning okayness, I find myself feeling empty and lonely constantly. I talk with my closest friends and brother about my mom and losing her but it does nothing to help me feel any better. I can't help but feel completely alone even when I'm surrounded by people who I know care about me. I don't know what to do about my loneliness and I'm afraid that if I continue on the path I'm going I'll fall into a even more depressed state.

• Members

Argjiro, I am very sorry about the loss of your mother. You are right--you do need to continue to express your feelings and not hold them in. Are there any depression or grief support groups in your area? (You may want to even call the funeral home that handled your mom's services or the local chapter of Hospice in your area and ask what services are available). Also, keeping a journal helps. You can come here and share what you are feeling with others who have experienced similar losses. They will be able to offer you support and encouragement. --ModKonnie

Archived