Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Australian - New to this site

christine-in-oz

• Members
christine-in-oz

Hi

Someone told me about this site so I thought it was worth posting about my story, you might be interested or not, it doesn't matter really.

My husband passed away on 8th May 2013 from cancer, we live in Australia but are both English and I wanted to find an anonymous forum where I could post without everyone I know making a comment. I posted on Bowel Cancer Australia on Facebook and suddenly all my friends were liking it, it just felt weird.

My husband was only 56, he lasted 11 months from diagnosis and life is sad and lonely. I hate cancer, it took away all my plans for retirement!

Christine

• Members
Silvergirl61

Christine-I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. Glad you found the forums here..there are a lot of good and caring people here. All of us have experienced a loss of some type, and we do what we can to help and support each other. I have found some very good advice here, and hope you will too. People here are kind, and I hope you will feel able to say what's on your mind, and know that you are among friends here.

• Members

So sorry to hear about your loss Christine. Were from all over here, tho the majority are from the US. Im from NZ, myself. Everyone here has a story to tell, and ive found that every story is met with kindness and good wishes, from people who really understand the emotional turmoil. I really dont have any advice as such, just remind you to be gentle on yourself.

• Members

Dear Christine,

Sorry to hear of your loss. The are are so many good supportive people here. This site helps. I also found some books, a support group and writing in my journal also give temporary relief. Everything can be overwhelming; one baby step at a time.

Hugs to you,

Wen

• Members

Christine- so sorry to hear about your loss, but you are among people who understand here, and won't pass judgement for the way you are feeling. Feel free to post as often as you want or need to. Bless you, and peace be with you. This is a very difficult journey to be on, and we are here to support you, as well as each other.

• Members

Welcome christine-in-oz. Condolences. I hope you keep coming back, it has been very helpful to me as well as many others. No judgements here, nothing is right or wrong about your grieving, and we understand that eveybody deals with grief in there own way. Reading the other post is good, you probably will find that many are in similar circumstances and are having similar problems. I don't think I have ever met a shy Aussie, and no need to be that here anyhow.

Bill

• Members

Hi Christine - I lost my husband too, he was 57 yrs old, way to young to die. He had recovered from a serious bout with pneumonia and his second night in physical rehab he died. It was shocking to say the least. I know how you feel. All plans for the future are shot. I find myself constantly asking "what do I do now?" There is no answer, you just have to take one day at a time. There are good days and there are not so good days. People say it gets better with time but I don't know...I don't think it ever gets better or easier.

I'm so sorry for your loss. Please stay around and feel free to post.

• Members

I was 2 years from retirement when my wife died this spring. I have no idea what my future is now, everything I planned or even thought about involved her. I have faith that time will heal me enough to go on living and find an alternate future, hopefully one that allows me to be happy again. Hang in there.

• Members
MissingDaniel

Christine, I am so sorry for your loss. I lost my husband very suddenly back in April at the age of 39, and it really sent me reeling. As everyone else has said, you are in good company here. We are all grieving in our own way, but all ready to help each other through the bad days, and take a little comfort from others when we have bad days of our own. I hope you will at least find some comfort in knowing you are not alone....

Archived