Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Two huge losses in less than two years

sermatinger

• Members
Josh's_sister

I was a member here just over a year ago when I lost my oldest brother to drug overdose.. I came for a while and then as I sorted out my life, I started coming less and less. I am the mother of four and work and just kind of faded off. Now, I am back and my other brother has died of the same thing... I don't know how I will do this. I don't know what I have to give.. I still have 4 kids and work and a life... the depression got so bad the first time around. I feel like I can't go through that again... but how do you not. I loved my brothers soooo much.. I am trying so hard not to be lost. THIS IS TOO HARD

• Members

Vanessa, I am so very sorry for the loss of your brothers. Yes, it is so hard to deal with this kind of incredible situation, but you deal with it one day at a time like you did before. Coming here will help you, and you may want to join a depression support or grief and loss support group. You may also want to check out an Al-Anon meeting where you will probably find others dealing with the similar experiences. Try not to isolate yourself from family and friends, and try to keep talking about your losses with others. Are you eating and sleeping okay? We will be here for you. ModKonnie

• Members

I lost 2 siblings in less than 2 years as well. My brother killed himself and then my sister died of a drug overdose. I completely understand how you feel. Peace be with you.

Archived