Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

My little sister

Charley0786

• Members
Charley0786

I cant believe i am writing this- My sister passed away last year at the age of 24 after being in hospital for a month, she was my partner in crime and I everyday feel an enormous amount of guilt that I'm here and she isn't- I find it hard to smile and laugh as she isn't here to join in! I'm climbing Mount Everest in her memory in 9 weeks time and I am wondering how I am going to do it without her... Need someone to talk to who understands how I feel......

• Members

Sorry to hear of your loss. What comes to mind is this....you are not climbing without her, you are climbing to meet her at the top. She is already there waiting for you.

• Members

I'm sorry to hear about your loss. My little sister passed away about 3 months ago in a tragic accident at the age of 20 and it has left me quite broken. I understand your feelings of guilt, as I have a lot of them myself. You are still partners in crime, just working in different spaces now, she in the afterlife and you here. And you will be joined together one day to wreak all sorts of sister havoc again ;) . She's still with you every day and just like you are thinking of her all of the time, I'm sure she's thinking of you and only wants what is best for you. It is such a great thing you are doing by climbing Mount Everest in her memory- that is a huge commitment and an amazing tribute to her! I know she would be proud of you (how could she not be?) So in those moments when you feel lonely and guilty, remember that she is still with you, maybe not physically beside you, but she is laughing with you and crying with you, and supporting you from another place as best as she can. Keep reminding yourself she wants you to be happy and experience all the good and beauty in the world so that you can tell her about it when you see her again. She will be right there with you on that mountain, helping you and experiencing it all with you. Maybe carry a picture of her with you when you climb? I wish you all the best and hope you find some comfort and have an amazing time climbing! Take care.

Archived