Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

The things that surface after.

Lostherwillawaysloveher

• Members
Lostherwillawaysloveher

I love My wife with all my heart, She had some of the greatest personality traits, a zest for live that was contagious. I have never been so upset with her than I am right now though. we've been waiting for our 3 years of tax returns since march and she asked me everyday if we had gotten them. Just got off the phone with the irs and her bank...... Nine thousand dollars gone and unaccounted for she cashed the checks as she got them and never said a thing. I've been counting on that money because I needed to buy new appliances for our house. I'm at such a loss. Her inlaws have scavenged through and taken everything of value because I took the boy's out of an enviroment they could not handle. our new house is ready to move into and I am out the washer and dryer a refridgerator and stove. Apparantly her mother needs more rasing than our boy's. I'm so close to pressing charges on her family it's not even funny. FTW I need a drink.

• Members

Totally understand the "vulture syndrome" of relatives. I'm betting you are swamped, but goodwill and thrift stores often get in appliances, they aren't pretty but they work until you can work out something more suitable. IIRC there are a few barter websites where you may be able to trade skills you have for an appliance you need?

Here we have a radio program where people call in with things they are selling, on the odd occasion a single mom has called in asking to trade services for a used appliance and the outpouring of offers was phenomenal, just making your need known in the community is half the battle.

Don't give up!

• Members

I am sorry her family thinks more of stuff then of you. My husbands family also thought more of stuff them me. I however did NOT allow it and they have not spoke to me in over a year well F them is how I look at it. and I understand the drink - we all have from time to time. Do the best you can with what you have.

• Members
usagainsttheworld

Sorry your having to deal with this. Inlaws can be something else.

Archived