Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Loss of two wives in 4 years

Nick

• Members

4 years ago I lost my wife in Scotland. I then found new love through a grief sight with my wife here in the USA and, after a lot of email, phone and visits from me to here in the Us we made a new life. Sadly she died suddenly in June this year. I have lost two loves. And I don't know what to do. I have 3 beautiful, wonderful stepdaughters, who have been wonderful. They have their own lives and have been very good to me but I don't want them to feel obliged. I am 48 and very sad, sorry if this doesn't make a lot of sense but I really feel very very sad and I don't want them to worry

• Members

Yes, it makes sense, and I am sorry you are going through this. As for your step-daughters, let them help, and be glad they are there, rather than feeling bad about it. They will help you through, and you will help them also. Grieving seems to be a thing that is easier to deal with when you have a group of people who care, and whom you care about. Best wishes and hugs to you, and I will keep you in my thoughts.

• Members

This is exactely why I don't want to get out and meet new people. I can't go through something like this again. I can't even imagine losing a new love after losing your first. This just makes me that more determined to just stay by myself.

I always told my husband that if something were to happen to me that I really wanted him to find a new wife because he really did need to have someone to take care of him. But I can't remember him ever telling me that he would want me to move on and remarry. It is going to take an act of God Himself to change my outlook on this.

• Members

This is exactely why I don't want to get out and meet new people. I can't go through something like this again. I can't even imagine losing a new love after losing your first. This just makes me that more determined to just stay by myself.

You don't have to have a romantic relationship or re-marry in order to expand your list of people you love. Forming friendships with other women, or even just platonic friend relationships with men can help fill the gap and the void left by your loss. Having other people in your world can really help lessen the pain of your heavy loss.

• Members

And today was not a good day. too many things all at once.................but tomorrow will be a better day

Archived