Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Lost husband in April, trying to cope

Skye

• Members

This year has been the worst year possible for me. In January, my husband and I experienced the loss of our son. While trying to cope with that loss, in April my husband had a heart attack while we were both at work and I lost my husband from the heart attack. I have no idea how to cope with two significant losses, as my husband meant the world to me. My husband was my rock through the loss of our son and meant the world to me, and losing him has torn me apart, and coping with this is nearly impossible.

• Members

I cannot even imagine the grief that you are experiencing. Two major losses like that is just dumbfounding. I lost my husband in January of this year and am having a difficult time. I can't even imagine what you are experiencing. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

• Members

Reaching out here is a good start. I hope you have family and friends to talk with also, but usually those who have not been through a similar loss can't relate. Please continue to post your feelings here and read the other threads. I have found this to be helpful, April was my "Angel Date" also.

No two people grieve alike, don't listen to those who say "you should this" and "you shouldn't that". But, you will find some general guidance on your journey from those who are going on the same journey by their own route.

Reading good grief books can help, you will find some suggestions here or just ask. Therapy can be helpful, if that therapist is trained in bereavement counseling and if you are comfortable with him/her.

A very important point is to not be too hard on yourself. You are stronger than you think you are right now, and can survive this. While life will never be the same, you might again find some different happiness in life.

Hang in there and please come back here.

• Members

I cant even begin to imagine your pain. I lost my fiance in April also, but to have lost two such important souls to you in such a short time is horrific. i hope you have a good councellor or therapist, Grief counselling works for many people and in your case i think it would be important because you have such a lot to process. (((hugs))) Please do come here whenever you need to vent or talk, and if you want to, pop into the chat room to talk. We may not have been thru exactly what you have, but we all have experienced loss. Take care of yourself

• Members

OMG, I am so so sorry to hear about your losses, and I know it's extremely difficult to handle. I too lost a son, but it was almost 18 years ago, and like you, my husband (who died Apr 28) was the rock that I clung to in that very difficult time. I can't imagine what you are going through, and I wish there were words that I could say to comfort you. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers, for eventually being able to come to terms with your losses and to live on with peace. I know that it sounds impossible now, but please hang on, visit here often, express yourself freely, and let us try to help as much as is possible. Hugs to you, and best wishes.

Archived